NYC Through the Eyes of John Flynn

I moved to the greater Los Angeles area in August and although it is quite lovely, I definitely miss New York. My friend and "Showgirls" co-conspirator, John Flynn has been sending me texts updating me on the going-ons of NYC.

Now this isn't the crap now one cares about: the leaves are changing or the Rockefeller Christmas tree went up. No, this is the real shit. The real NYC.

I now present the first, in what I hope to be a long series, of NYC Through the Eyes of John Flynn:

"There is a Hispanic guy doing a one-armed handstand inches away from me on the subway. I may end up with a knee in the face."


Thank you John!!!

5 comments:

Ron said...

I know that guy. He's one of the Latino breakdancers. They don't even wear gloves when they do handstands on the subway cause they're old school like that. Happy holidayze!

Mark Sam said...

If I start sending you NYC texts, can I get my own series on your blog too? Happy New Year and congrats again on the engagement - Mark Sam

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Since I moved to DC nearly 1.5 years ago, after living in NYC my entire life, one of the things I truly miss about NYC is: crazy people. I miss crazy people! You just never knew what you were going to find. In NYC you see EVERYTHING without so much as blinking an eye. Man it was fun.

Julian von Rose said...

Wow I cannot even imagine that...

Rebecca Brooks said...

You seriously need to update your blog more often. WTFs JC?